I was inspired by our new Halloween range to invite family for a small soiree which handily fell on a Sunday evening. Here are some simple steps taken to create a bright and spooky Halloween setting:
1. I placed carved pumpkins outside to welcome family - a classic addition to every home Halloween!
2. Inside, start with a table cover as this sets the tone and changes the look instantly from your daily table surface – I chose a disposable orange cloth
3. Build up the layers of contrasting colours. I used the disposable pumpkin paper plates over white side plates to set the Halloween mood, but the addition of china makes it somewhat more formal for a sit down meal
4. I like placing paper napkins both at the individual setting but also down the centre of the table for extra pattern and colour.
5. Layer in some height down the middle of the table with candles and candlesticks…I went orange and pink for zingy clashing, you can then interweave with bud vases of co-ordinating flowers. This really adds drama and abundance to show your guests you are having some fun tonight.
6. Go abundant with the gorgeous velvet pumpkins. And keep them for many years to come, to re-use.
7. String lights around the room and fireplace create that extra twinkle for dark evenings.
8. I had fun with some orange food: carrot and ginger juice; melon and mango medley and passion fruit cheesecake were all on the menu!
9. And of course, Alexa can help you find all the scary music tunes that ever existed!
10. I fortuitously even have Ghost chairs!