Now that you've picked all those yummy strawberries, why not give a delicious recipe a go! This is a summer favourite from Talking Tables Brand Manager, Sophie.
Easy Eton Mess Ice Cream
200g Fresh Strawberries
70g Runny Honey
150ml Double Cream
200ml Evaporated Milk, Chilled
3 Meringue nests, broken up
- Mix the strawberries & raspberries with honey
- Squash them with the back of a spoon
- Beat the cream in a large bowl until thick, then, with the beater still going, trickle in the evaporated milk and keep beating until think and soft. Stir in the fruit mix.
- Mix half the meringue into the ice cream, then scrape into a plastic box. Sprinkle the rest of meringue on top and freeze.
- Allow the ice cream to soften for 20 minutes in the fridge before serving.
We'd love to hear if you try out our recipe, let us know by leaving a comment.