With the whole world embracing taking business virtual we have learnt a lot in the last year. As with every product-based business a big part of Talking Tables is speaking to existing and potential new customers from individual consumers to large retailers, and we have adapted how we sell to them via virtual means. Talking Tables’ Brand Sales Manager Sophie discusses her top 5 tips for selling virtually:
- Add more videos to presentations to add interest. Either product demos or store walk throughs work well!
- Product demonstrations and product spotlight with a physical sample. Or even 3D Visuals are a great new tool to showcase a new product!
- Have the confidence to listen more. Try to wait until the other person has stopped talking before speaking again, even simple aggregable remarks that are fine during normal conversation in person but over Zoom doesn’t have the same effect – in fact can cause distraction instead!
- Participants don’t all need to be on mute (as long as there isn’t a lot of background noise). It can help conversation flow and ease out more frequent commentary from customers
- Smile – you are on camera!