Clare's Sushi Supper Tablescape
During lockdown, after a week of cooking, sometimes one needs a change of chef! And a table that makes “tonight” somewhat of a special night.
A shout: “time for a takeaway”.
We chose a takeaway from a delicious Japanese restaurant in Cheltenham called Kibou #kibouathome. Kibou
I love their interior décor, so missed that element; but great to have their fresh food at home, especially as making sushi is quite an art and not easy to do oneself.
The great advantage of a takeaway is that one has time and energy to get a bit creative with the table and one can have fun linking the table to the style of food. Time to go a bit Japanese and dig out some holiday treasures.
- - A white table cover as the base layer. A paper tablemat with a silvery, Japanese motif for each place setting. These themed sheets were from a gift of paper table mats I had been given some time ago.
- - Some chopsticks that I had bought when on a trip to Japan – fun to get them out brush up ones chop stick skills!
- - Our wooden platters – perfect to lay out the sushi.
- - Silvery tones within Mistletoe napkin
- - Glass Candlesticks and candles, supplemented by some extra tea lights.
- - Twinkly effect from PPG-lights.